This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
- Your favorite silicone mold (I used a 12 count, one inch cube mold)
- 1/2 cup shea butter soap base – shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10-12 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Yellow soap colorant safe for skin
Get all the supplies:
OXO Good Grips GraterSilicone Chocolate Molds & Candy Molds – Ankway Set of 3 Non Stick BPA Free Small Flexible Hearts, Stars & Shells Baking Wax Molds Silicone Ice Cube Trays Mini Ice Maker Molds(15 Cups)Unrefined Shea Butter by Better Shea Butter – African, Raw, Pure – Use Alone or in DIY Body Butters, Lotions, Soap, Eczema & Stretch Marks Products, Lotion Bars, Lip Balms and More! – 1 lb (16 oz)Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 OunceLiquid Dye Colorant Set for Soap, Bath Bomb Making – Red, Yellow, Blue, Lilac, Peach, Seafoam, Yellow, Turquoise and Lime, 0.30 Ounce Each Color
1. Shred or cut the shea butter into small pieces and place in a medium microwave safe bowl.
2. Add the coconut oil to the shredded shea butter and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
3. Add the lemon essential oil and mix well.
4. Whisk in the yellow soap colorant until you achieve your desired color of yellow. Keep in mind that adding the sugar will make the color lighter.
5. Add the sugar and mix quickly as the liquid will begin to harden once the sugar is added.
6. Spoon the sugar mixture into each mold, pressing down firmly and filling up to the top.
7. Freeze for 1 hour to allow the cubes to completely harden.
8. Release the exfoliating lemon sugar cubes from their molds and store in an airtight glass container.
See our Airstream Remodel Reveal here!