This time of year, everyone starts panicking. Like, really panicking. They worry about what gifts they are going to buy their friends and family. They worry about what parties they are going to throw. They worry about if they will get the best sales. They worry….and worry some more.
Why can’t we stop worrying? Why has worrying become such a vital part of the holiday season?? It starts right before Thanksgiving and doesn’t let up again until the next year. People aren’t even enjoying themselves or their friends/family because they are worried about every little thing- things that everyone else probably isn’t even going to notice or care about.
*This post may contain affiliate links, which helps us keep this blog running. Thanks for the support! (you can read our full disclosure here)
This year, we need to say no to stress. We need to say no to worry. Why? Because I truly believe we all need to take a step back and remind ourselves of what Christmas, and the holidays, are about anyways.
It is NOT about who gets the best gifts, or throws the best party. It’s not even about who participates in the most church events this Christmas season (gasp!) Nope, it’s about the fact that our savior, Jesus Christ, was BORN from a virgin. This is the time of year we should be celebrating and cheering …. and having not a single worry because we can lay our rest in Him and Him alone.
So, how do we do it? How do we break from the dreaded cycle society throws at us this time of year? Here are 5 simple tips to ensure a stress-free Christmas season:
1. Set a budget for gifts. Or, if you’re brave…don’t do gifts at all. Okay, sure we all love gift-giving and getting, them too. But so many times, we get carried away with what gifts we’re going to get or give that it takes away from the true meaning of Christmas. We are idolizing gifts…and that’s no good!
2. Don’t get caught up in all the sales. Honestly, you can go online and get the same, or even better, deal. Don’t let the retail stores hype you up – it’s all part of the grand scheme to make quarter 4 amazing.
3. Plan your Christmas. If you are at all like me, you like to plan. Hey, even if you don’t like to plan, maybe you should try it. By planning and writing everything out, you’ll be on the fast-lane to less stress this holiday season! Looking for a great Christmas planner? Try this one from my friend Laura at Awe Filled Homemaker.
4. Set aside quiet time daily. Even if you are great at this all year, the holidays have this effect on us that makes us get off track. Making sure to set aside quality quiet time daily will make a difference and brings a great refresher to your life and daily walk each day. Struggling with getting into daily quiet time (or don’t know how to start?) This guide from my friend Brittany at Equipping Godly Women will help change that!
5. Do less. Sure, you may be that one person that participates in every single activity in town. And that’s great! But, if you for one second feel like it’s just too much, or you’re too stressed out fitting it all into your schedule- cut back. It’s okay to say no! You need to focus on you and yours, not necessarily everyone else’s activities (but hey, activities and events are great, if you’re up for it!)
This Christmas season, you should make a vow to stop being stressed. To stop getting caught up in all the hoopla this (mostly retail) world tries to shove down our throats. It’s simply not about all of that. And the more we realize it, the more we realize the true meaning of the Christmas season.
2017 has flown right by and Christmas is already in the air! The giving season is upon us and I have partnered with 22 other bloggers to give TWO families $500 PayPal cash in the 4th annual Christmas Blessings Giveaway!
Our hope is to bless two families this year by allowing them to fulfill their kids’ Christmas wishes, pay off a bill, or to help build up their nest egg. Whatever the money ends up being used for, our prayer is that it helps to lessen any financial burden and/or fills a specific need.
You can earn a lot of entries using the form below. I know it can seem tedious and time-consuming to go through all the entries, but isn’t a chance at $500 worth it? I think it is! Plus, if all of these generous bloggers didn’t participate, we wouldn’t have been able to have such big prizes! So I hope you will take the time to go through each entry. Who knows, maybe you will find some new blogs to follow.
The giveaway will run from Monday, November 13th through Wednesday, November 22nd (ends at 11:59pm EST). Winner will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends and will have 48 hours to respond to claim the prize or another winner will be drawn. You must have a PayPal account to win.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
See our Airstream Remodel Reveal here!